Monday, February 20, 2006

If I Had £1,000,000

My Dearest Big Al,

I hope you enjoy your birthday present. I may not have a lot of money to spend on you, but here are some of the things I would do if I could. You're worth it!

This blog was inspired by the Barenaked Ladies song, "If I Had $1000000"... But who are we kidding? One million dollars wouldn't stretch very far in the UK, so I am amending it to one million pounds. As long as I am dreaming, DREAM BIG.

So without further ado...

If I Had One Million Pounds (GBP)

I would buy you a flat so you would be able to visit me in London more often.

flatforsale

I would buy you a bed for your flat, so you wouldn't have to sleep on a lumpy futon.


ikea.com

I would buy you an Old Mini...

oldmini

...and a New Mini so you could zoom around town without a TravelCard.

newmini

I would buy you Persian rugs from Liberty

liberty

and rose granati lotion from Molton Brown.

moltonbrown

I would buy you fake bling

windowbling

and other trendy, shiny things.

accessorize

I would buy you tasteful jewels from Swarovski and Rolex (with your very own personal assistant, courtesy of Kelly Temps).

swarovski

I would buy you cosmetics from Selfridge's.

lancome

clinique

And a pair of Converse sneakers in every color
(UK translation: a pair of Converse trainers in every colour)

converse

I would buy you a video iPod so you could entertain yourself on the long plane ride here...

applestore

applelogo

...and I would pre-load it with songs like Gwen Stefani's Rich Girl.


gwen stefani

I would buy you Noro yarn and Lantern Moon knitting needles because they're just so beautiful.

jlknitting

I would buy you a Lego robot - isn't it cool?

legorobot

And one million things from the £1 shop

poundshop

And your very own SF Giants season tickets.


go giants!

I would book first class seats on the Eurostar...


eurostar

...and we could have dinner in Paris.


eiffel tower

You could keep track of everything in your new, red Filofax

filofax1

(which is really what I wanted to send you for your birthday, but I just couldn't afford it. Boo hoo!)

and a Paul Smith bag to carry it in (which I really really can't afford!)


paul smith



If I had one million pounds, I would buy you all sorts of pretty things and pamper you the way you deserve to be pampered.



But I don't.



The best I can offer is my time, my thoughts, and a few laughs.


little britain

Keep a lookout for a package from amazon.com this week.

Enjoy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG AL!

Hope 28 is a great year...

Much love,
Big Sis

1 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger brandarling said...

just a quick note about the photos and links in this post:

i took most of the photos. some of them, like gwen stefani's (who was not available for a private photo shoot), were found online by using google image searches or by linking straight to a particular website. i take no credit for other people's work, but thank them for helping me put this birthday present together.

- bigalsbigsis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home